Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:39:15 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions group <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't login via SSH

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:28:58PM -0700, Jose Borquez wrote:
> I attempt to establish an ssh connection to a remote server and I get=20
> the following error:
> "ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"
>=20
> I have checked the hosts.allow file and Everything is allowed by=20
> default.  What else can I check?

Try running ssh with up to three -v flags to turn on and increase
verbosity.

If you have physical access to the server, you can also check out the=20
/var/log/auth.log file to track down any clues.  Or try running the=20
daemon with up to three -d flags to turn on and increase verbosity.
Note that in debug mode, the server does not detach from the terminal=20
and will not fork so can only handle one incoming connection.

HTH

Dan

--=20
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \