Date:      24 Sep 2002 10:28:00 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        Rafal Grzybowski <grzybek@inferno.mikrus.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup tag problem

Rafal Grzybowski <grzybek@inferno.mikrus.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
> >

> I've read this but what if there are some tag name changes,
> I think I could expect RELENG_5 in the future ?
> This document must stay up-to-date with cvsup server.
> Wouldn't it be easier to let users ask server directly ?

If you have the full cvs repository, you can use cvs ("-T") to get a
list of tag names, but cvsup does not currently support such an
inquiry.  If you are concerned with this, I'm sure cvsup's author
(John Polstra) would be happy to consider patches to pass such a query
through to the cvs database on the server machine.