Date:      Sun, 6 May 2007 17:48:06 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   XFree86-4 maintainer needed

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

Dear community,

With the xorg 7.2 upgrade changing a lot of the ground rules for X
support in ports, and the deprecation of FreeBSD 4.x support (the last
FreeBSD release to use it), XFree86 4.x has effectively been
desupported.  In fact the port-xorg 7.2 ports tree has not been tested
at all with XFree86 4.x, so it may or may not work once the update
hits the tree this week.

If anyone out there still needs to use XFree86 4.x and wants to take
over support for it, please let me know.  Otherwise we will begin
formal deprecation and removal from the ports tree.

Kris

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--