Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 17:22:06 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo), jkh@time.cdrom.com, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: it.freebsd.org

> Hello/Ciao.

Hi Piero,
Your double length Italian + English posting has just confirmed my feeling
about the Tower of Babel ;-)

I only recently resubscribed hackers, but suspect Jordan may be
lurking behind this idea for national language lists ? :-)
Good job you'r not here Jordan, I'd be slipping something in your capuccino ;-)

After struggling to speak French (in real time, that's the hard bit),
to the waiter in the Internet Cafe here in Munich last night,
it's a relief to slip back to my habitual English on screen, + German in the
local environment,

Nothing against French language BTW, it's the 1st foreign language I learnt,
but I would Hate to abandon our Lingua Franca (common language)....
even if our American `cousins' have hi-jacked the Original language,
& done strange things with the English spelling ;-)

No double-speak for me thanks ;-)

Best Regards
Mit freundliche Gruessen
Avec nos meilleurs sentiments