Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:35:43 -0400
From:      Bruce Grisham <bruce@accumatics.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/...../xinitrc cant write to /dev/null

I haven't encountered this problem previously because I use FreeBSD in
isolation and I'm lazy and so I just almost always work as root.

So I created a user, bruce [wheel].  When I run X-windows as bruce, the
apps listed in xinitrc won't start, but I can start them from my fvwm2
menu.  When I leave X-windows, I see the message '/usr/...../xinitrc
cant write to /dev/null', once for each of the apps that xinitrc tried
to start.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot.
Bruce