Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 06:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave <mudman@metafocus.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeons and 5.0

I'm trying to setup DRI support as described by
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/install.html and I'm running FreeBSD
5.0 RELEASE.

It says "For Radeons or PCI Rage 128s you will need to update to
5.0-CURRENT. "

At this time, I'm not really that forthcoming about going to current.
Actually, I tried it, and maybe on the wrong day, because I had
compilation issues enough to make me a little nervous about following a
thread like current at this point in time...

Might I ask, when are we going to see the Radeons / DRI support in the
RELEASE branch?

I know there is the 'device radeondrm' in the NOTES file for RELEASE, but
it didn't work, which is why I went to Anholt's page.

Can someone important, or someone who knows someone who knows someone else
who is important, get that extra bit of hardware support over to the REL
branch?  =P

I'm not sure if this is the right list to ask on but it did seem to fall
under 'general hardware discussion' .... :)  Sorry if its an incorrect
placement =-)