Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:58:20 +0700
From:      "Anh Ky Huynh" <xkyanh@gmail.com>
To:        Marc Lagrange <rhaamo@gruik.at>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tetex and texlive port

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:16:04 +0100
Marc Lagrange <rhaamo@gruik.at> wrote:

> On 14/d=C3=A9c - 08:53, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> > > I have been running TexLive with FreeBSD for quite some time
> > > now, I used the ports from
> > > http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ and I did not
> > > encounter problems building/installing Evince, and I only have
> > > texlive ports installed.
> > >
> >=20
> > I second this, I use the texlive ports from this url for a while
> > now on both i386 and amd64. Romain has done (and still does :) )
> > a really great job in texlive porting, I really don't understand
> > why is it not merged in the ports tree yet.
> >=20
> > I use portshaker to merge the texlive tree with freebsd's ports
> > tree it works like a charm.
> >=20
> > Thanks Romain for this job, hope to see it integrated soon.
> >=20
> > regards,
> > Bapt
>=20
> I use texlive ports from Romain and works perfect here.
>=20

I didn't try http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ yet but as far as I =
read in the wiki page
	http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/wiki/Installing
this port is for *TeXLive 2008* only. TeXLive 2008 has binaries files for F=
reeBSD (so I can install TeXLive from the live CD without the need of the p=
ort). But TeXLive 2009 has binaries only for NetBSD. I don't know if we can=
 use NetBSD files for FreeBSD?

> It seems to exist for a long time now... Why not merged in ports
> now ?
>=20

Regards,

--=20