Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 06:41:26 +0300
From:      Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   will this idea work?

ok, now my / filesystem is "really" small it's about 79% full with about
6 megs left. now the only thing that really uses that filesystem now is
the /tmp. so my idea is to rm -r /tmp and then mkdir /usr/tmp then ln -s
/usr/tmp tmp (I think that's how to you do it) but if I create a
symbolic link to /usr/tmp in my / filesystem. will that work? this way
my tmp will have around 588 megs to do it's job. because sometimes when
I try to "make install" stuff it gives me errors how my / filesystem is
full.. well it's just an idea. thanks.