Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:51:53 +0000
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A way to clean up PRs?

Just a thought:

How about everything that hasn't been touched in 3 years gets put into a
special state of "closed-believed-dead", everything over 12 months (or
6?) gets the same AFTER an e-mail has been sent out to the originator to
see if the problem still exists?

It's just that way, I think a lot of PRs for obsolete hardware and
versions will get closed up, thereby making it easier for those of us
trying to pick our way through and see what is still new and relevant
and in need of some love and care and attention. If somebody still has
the problem and it's an issue, it just gets a new PR that comes back on
the top of the queue, it's live and we can deal with PRs as they come in.

Thoughts? Just a thought that might help clean up the DB on an idle
Thursday evening. I'm sure it's been thought of before.

Automated PR purging - it's the future! :-)

--
Paul Robinson