Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 11:32:08 +0100
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Audit <audit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Patch to add nic-se to whois

Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Trying my hands at contributing and hacking FreeBSD again.
>
> This is an adaption of a patch from OpenBSD that adds nic-se as one of
> the databases whois knows about.
>
> Could someone look at the patch and see if it's an ok patch? Also is
> this something we should add to the system?

This sounds like a welcome addition except for
the fact that I'm wondering what will happen if
20 other countries need to have their servers
added to whois. We cannot really use the same
strategy without adopting a bigger alphabet :-)

Wouldn't a more scalable solution be to accept
the -s flag followed by a country code like so:
 whois -s SE
 whois -s BE
 whois -s DE
 whois -s NL