Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:16:38 +0100
From:      deeptech71@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what can i do with a 486?

Update:

The HDD is 200MB, not 500MB.
Couldn't enter the BIOS setup because of a password. Then I used the board's
clear CMOS jumper. Now I can't get into the BIOS setup, no matter what I press!
I've installed FreeBSD on a gaming PC to that 200MB drive, then put it in the
486 comp. Result: "Missing operating system" error.

 > Packet filtering wise, I'd say compared to what I get from chips like Geode
 > and such, 2 megabit probably, depending on what you're doing. Filtering
 > bridge was able to top me off at like 10 megabit I think.

Too slow. It will have a lot of latency. Plus, there are no cards where I can
insert 2 network cables, and I'm not into buying such old equipment.

The router thing is out of the question then. So, any suggestions? Or,
anything I can DO with this thing?

Best I can do is to get some experience and fun with old systems. Can someone
direct me to small floppy-based operating systems?