Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:03:42 -0500
From:      "Carolyn Longfoot" <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to force fresh install of a port, esp. KDE?

How can I install a port without reference to already installed portions of
it, so that it blindly installs everything it needs, regardless of what may
or may not already be there? I think I messed up KDE and ended up installing
some parts by themselves but it still misses obscure files, like
kartsdispatcher.h (even though I have arts installed).
KDE is obviously a very fat port with lots of components and I'm hoping a
forced fresh install will fix my problems. I have no idea how to clean up
the mess otherwise, since it's impossible to locate all the files and ports
that the KDE 'make install', plus my manual fiddling,  have already
installed.

Cheers,
Caro