Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:00:23 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with mergemaster

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:31:25AM -0600, Darren Gamble wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have recently (finally) been able to do a make build/installworld on one
> of my test systems with the Stable tree.
>
> However, mergemaster does not appear to be working properly.  Possibly
> related is the fact that I am using the -m flag since my source is not in
> the standard location (there was not enough room under /usr to keep all of
> the source and compile it, even after deleting ports and such).  Attached is
> the entire output for completeness sake.
>
> For each file, I get
>
>    *** Problem installing ./foo , it will remain to merge by hand
>
> Furthermore, on subsequent runs mergemaster ignores these files completely,
> thinking that they have already been updated
>
> What might be the problem?  Running mergemaster with the -v flag does not
> supply any more output.    And, assuming the problem is located, what will I
> need to do to have mergemaster examine these files again?
>
> Thanks in advance.  I would prefer to not to have to go through the chore of
> doing all of this by hand and possibly making a mistake.

I have seen that error as well. It appears that this is some recently
introduced bug in mergemaster (or, possibly, some program that
mergemaster uses).

Mergemaster seems to actually install those files correctly but complains
anyway. This is the reason it ignores them on subsequent runs.

You can probably ignore that message and assume that everything worked
correctly.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson