Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:22:44 -0400
From:      Joe Tseng <joe_tseng@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [OT] Nagios timeouts

Earlier this morning I was getting Nagios alerts about potential issues wit=
h my FreeBSD 6.1 servers.  All the emails I got had this problem:

Connection refused by host

I did some digging around today and I didn't get anything definitive=2C but=
 I did notice there was a time correlation between the messages and certain=
 log entries that seem to be associated with various cron jobs.  Is it poss=
ible that I'm getting false positives due to my servers servicing these job=
s and not being able to respond to Nagios queries?

 - Joe

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cn=
s!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008=