Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:26:54 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Danny Horne <danny@clifftop.net>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh my god, Google has a USENET archive going back to 1981!

Danny Horne wrote:
> Oooohh!!  Those model numbers bring back memories!!
>
> I remember drooling over the first Commodore Pet (the one with the
> rectangular keyboard) in one of the many computer shops that were springing
> up at the time.

Drool away, buddy!  Here's mine, and it still works (chicklet
keyboard, built in cassette drive, metal filing cabinet company
case,40 character B&W monitor, and all):

	PET 2001-8
	SN: 0031620

I have some of the original flyers for the PET and CBM boxes,
as well as the yellow folded 4 page 8x11" "BASIC Reference"
sheet, too...

"Space Invaders" Anyone?  8-) 8-)

> If anyone's interested, I've got a 2nd edition of Nick Hampshire's 'The Pet
> Revealed'

Now that's tempting....

-- Terry