Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:23:44 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Backspace key revisited

    I thought we had reached a conclusion (of sorts) that the
Backspace key by default should "do what the users expects it to do".
The default root account setup assumes ^H for delete-left though, and
the Backspace key sends out a ^?.  The text input boxes in both
Netscape and Arena interpret ^? as delete-right.  I know I can change
these, but I'd rather have Backspace work "properly" to begin with.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org