Date:      Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:41:33 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Marcos Biscaysaqu <marcos@thepacific.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: re: ath0 lost connection]

Marcos Biscaysaqu wrote:

> On a simpler yet related config, I have a linksys ag520 pci card
> running with a linksys a/b/g AP. IT occasionally just loses
> connectivity, but simply re-execing the ifconfig line brings it back.
> Haven't found a rhyme or reason yet.
>
> I'd send this to the FBSD list, but I just moved server IP blocks and
> the reverse DNS stuff hasn't propagated yet.

I'm having the same problem - Sam knows about it (I've been annoying him
for about a week and a half with info - sorry Sam!)..  I think he may be
working on it, but he may want more details from you.

One question - does it drop when in A, B, and G modes?  Or just one
mode?  It seemed to me that my connection was better when using 11b mode
(to a B/G ap).  Just curious.

Also - is "shared" mode authentication ever going to work in FreeBSD?
Does anyone know what the problem with it is?

Eric

All generalizations are false, including this one.