Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:33:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wyatt Banks <banksw@sunyit.edu>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom mounting

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:56:08PM -0400, Wyatt Banks wrote:
> > When I have my cdrom mount listed in fstab, my computer will not boot
> > correctly without a cdrom in the drive.  With a cdrom in the drive, it
> > boots and I can access it fine.  Does this sound correct?
> > I thought I read something about a limitation being that the cd must be=
 in
> > the drive to mount it, or something similar, but can't find where I rea=
> > it.  I spent all day looking in 'The Complete FreeBSD' and reading man
> > pages but can't find what I think I read.
> > Can anyone help?
>=20
> Sounds like you don't have ``noauto'' in the fstab entry:
>=20
> /dev/cd0c      /cdrom     cd9660  ro,noauto     0       0
>=20
> Note that there are no spaces before or after the comma.
>=20
> > Thanks
> > banksw@sunyit.edu
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> --=20
> =09=094.4 - The number of the Beastie
> 51.44=B0N  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve http://www.freebsd.org
> 2.057=B0W  My Webpage http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~mark
> mailto:marko@freebsd.org                http://www.radan.com
>=20

for some reason, mine won't work if I include the command and noauto.  I
copied my original fstab file in case I messed it up when I first read how
to use fstab.  I just verified that the original line in fstab was:
/dev/acd0c  /cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto 0 0

I am able to mount it from the shell, or using fstab with device acd0a or
acd0c, but if I include the comma and noauto in fstab, it does not seem to
mount my cdrom.
Any other possibilities of what could be wrong with it?