Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:09:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      dyson@iquest.net
To:        ade@demon.net
Cc:        gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panics with SMP and NFS

> Peeking at the code, it seems that this panic (and a bunch of other
> stuff) is only called if MAX_PERF is undefined -- sadly, no mention
> of MAX_PERF is made in any of the kernel config files (even LINT).

Just a suggestion:
	Be careful using options that are not defined.  That option
is used by me to evaluate the overhead of certain types consistancy
checking.  It will probably be a part of the code, but when such
options are used, and when the code is still being developed, the
valuable internal system consistancy checks are disabled, and the
side effects of such can be disasterous.

	It is bad enough to remove 'options DIAGNOSTIC' on a
-current kernel.  You are taking even bigger risks using performance
options.

John