Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 01:16:26 +0300
From:      Iani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recomended tapes form HP?

Hi,

I have to buy a tape drive for a FreeBSD box.
I'm using an old HP DAT drive and it works great.

Now I have to buy a drive from HP for a FreeBSD system.

I would like to know does anybody use HP tape drives and how reliably do they
work with FreeBSD?

What about the these models:

HP Colorado Travan drives (IDE)
HP SureStore Travan drives (SCSI)

I read in the handbook that QIC drives are more reliable than DAT ones.
According to HP these models are QIC compatible.

Thanks in advance.

iani