Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:47:15 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        sos%sos@spider.deepcore.dk
Subject:   Re: Status of ATA tagging in Stable

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 at 10:42:36 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
--snip--
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ad0: invalidating queued requests
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ata0: resetting devices .. ad0: invalidating queu=
ed requests
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: ad0: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 cable or de=
vice
> 03:01:49 ptavv /kernel: done

Just to point out/ask the obvious, you do have a udma cable on the
harddrive, it is on correctly (blue end to mainboard typically), and its
its at the end of the of the cable, leaving the middle connector for
your slave drive, correct?

also, from what I have seen, the ibm drives and tagging has always
seemed to be a problem. I dont think this has changed recently.

-Andrew

--=20
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net