Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:20:55 +0100
From:      Espen Tagestad <espent@totem.fix.no>
To:        Marc Rassbach <marc@milestonerdl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Palm or equalient supported by FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 04:45:38AM -0600, Marc Rassbach wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Espen Tagestad wrote:
>
> jpiolt doesn't work?
>
> I use jpilot with my Visor handspring.

No, not at all. The application is not the problem, det device simply
disappears with the following error in my message log:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: init failed, TIMEOUT
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6
uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I have reported this to the bug-database too, you can read the message here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2004-May/006731.html

FreeBSD 4.10 has another USB system than 4.9, because people have
reported the device to work, with a patch though, with this release,
even if I haven't managed to do so. Some other people has also reported
it to work doing the sync over network by using PPP. That one didn't
work for me either.

regards,

Espen