Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 1996 23:13:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/obj  size

Hi all, I was thinking of finally using the new CVSup to get the latest
-current tree (I'm currently running the August 2.2-SNAP)  but, once
again, I'm low on disk space  :-(  I asked this question several months
ago when I built the -stable branch, but alas, my memory is terrible (my
school marks prove it ;-)) and I forget the size of the /usr/obj
directory. I'm hoping it is under 100MB so I can just mount up a zip drive
(I'll have to pull it off my other PC) and build on that..

Also, how much disk space overhead will pulling in the latest branch
incur?

Gee, having no income (i.e. being a Univ. student) really sucks.... just 1
more gig is all I ask!!  :-)

TIA,
-Mark

P.S. Anyone have a rough estimate of how many MB the diffs between the
August SNAP and -current is? I have to sup over a modem so it hurts..
There's probably a way of figuring this out with CVSup, right? I still
haven't played with it, I'll have to take a peek tonight before I polute
the lists with more dumb questions..

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| RingZero Comp.  	www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch