Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 97 21:10:50 CST
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, mcgovern@spoon.beta.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Constructive criticism (was: bashing everyone for fun and profit)

> > Mind you, I don't necessarily consider it
> > unreasonable to climb a 150' "learning curve" by wearing my magnetic
> > boots...
>
> Which reminds me... how did Picard and Worf's magnetic boots stick to
> the Entrprise's Titanium hull?

Maybe a side effect of the Structural Integrity Field?  :-)  When you're
dumping boatloads of energy into the hull, after all...  it doesn't seem
to be hard to generate gravity, given energy.  A minor amount of magnetism
should be easier.

The hull isn't just tritanium, incidentally, unless things simplified
considerably since the time of the Enterprise-D.  (ST:TNG Tech Manual,
standard issue office literature, and there is no "titanium" at all in
the Enterprise's hull, TYVM ;-)  - but there are several layers of
tritanium).

> PS: Magnetic boots are only a help if your learning curve is
>     ferromagnetic...

I make you a deal, Terry...  you _show_ me a learning curve, and we will
see if it is ferromagnetic.  :-)

Grin,

... Joe