Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:21:39 -0500
From:      Jim Pingle <lists@pingle.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ipsec VPN tunnel from a Win/7 box?

On 2/15/2013 10:45 AM, Karl Denninger wrote:
> On 2/15/2013 9:37 AM, Kurt Lidl wrote:
>>
>> Hmm.
>>
>> I've got IPSEC tunnels from Windows XP and Windows 7 working
>> to a FreeBSD 8.3 host, using NAT/T.
>>
>> I'm using the Shrewsoft client: http://www.shrew.net/software
>>
>> -Kurt
>
> The goal is to do it using only the native Win/7 VPN support.
>
> So far I've failed for IPSEC :-)

A little late, but you might find this helpful/interesting:

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=55754.0

Seems to take a little work on the Windows side, but pfSense uses racoon
(ipsec-tools) on FreeBSD so it should be possible to replicate on a
plain FreeBSD install, the poster even gives the racoon.conf and spd
entries.

Jim