Date:      Fri, 12 May 2006 10:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        mlfbsd@ci0.org
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: time_t 64 bits?

In message: <20060512113742.GA64377@ci0.org>
            Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org> writes:
: On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:30:03PM -0400, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > John Baldwin just asked me why time_t is 32 bits on arm.  Is there any
: > reason for it?  Can we change it to 64 bits?  Would this cause
: > problems for our users?
: >
: > Warner
:
: Well it's 32 bits because it's 32 bits on i386 too. But I guess if such a
: change has to be done, now is a good time to do so, not sure if it can have
: a negative impact on performances.

ironically, time_t isn't used in time critical applications.  Sounds
like we should try it and see if there are any negative implications
to it...

Warner