Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 11:11:27 +1200
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "Dave Uhring" <duhring@charter.net>, "Stephan van Beerschoten" <stephanb@whacky.net>, "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        "Holtor" <holtor@yahoo.com>, <FreeBSD-Stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Recent fxp Driver Changes

:: To avoid the error which I made, i.e. losing my recent -STABLE kernel,
:: before you do your buildkernel, copy your present /kernel to
:: /kernel.good.

make installkernel makes a back-up of the existing kernel, before installing
the new one.

:: Delay making installworld until you have rebooted with the new kernel and
:: checked your networking ability.  Only then run make installworld, etc.

Hmmm... won't that mean your world and kernel are out of synch, which might
cause further issues?

-- Juha