Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How does a port's Makefile check for PERL_THREADED in /etc/make.conf?

Matthias Andree writes:
| On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Pete Fritchman wrote:
|
| > ++ 28/08/01 10:17 +0200 - Matthias Andree:
| > | What I'm saying is, don't build the Exim port on systems that use
| > | PERL_THREADED.
| > |
| > | What would be the canonical way for /usr/ports/mail/exim/Makefile to
| > | check if PERL_THREADED is enabled and commit suicide if it is?
| >
| > You (well, the exim maintainer) would probably want to add something like:
|
| The exim port maintainer referred me to this mailing list because he's
| short of time at the moment, so I'm doing a patch that he'll look over
| and commit if it looks good. :-)

I think at one time I submitted patches for things like this.  The issue
was that if perl is threaded then you need to link to libc_r and not
libc.  But the world has changed.  I need to look at this thread perl
stuff again (I sent in the original threaded perl patches) and some
generic perl building patches.

Doug A.