Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:01:16 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        Sven Huster <sven.huster@mailsurf.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, stable@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3-RC5 now on ftp.freebsd.org

Yes, I would agree with that.  I needed to hack the scripts here to mount_mfs
and cp files back and forth a few times to get everything to work correctly,
but it does work without panic-ing the system.  I can post patches if people
would find that helpfull.

(I am still working on ypserv as well, the problems run very deep in that
code.  Once you know where to look they start popping up all over the place.
Just as a sample cosider the code:

	qhead.cqh_head->dbptr->key = key->data;

Where "key" is a DBT* that was passed back from the berkley db routines...
now consider a few more database requests come in before that record is accessed again and all of a sudden 'key' isn't pointing at what you originally set it
to.)

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall