Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:18:30 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: support for HP SureStore DAT8 Tape Drives? [scanners?]

} In general, SCSI devices are always universally supported, unless they
} are abhorrent violators of SCSI protocols or standards.  There are
} minor exceptions to this, but you should never have to ask "is this
} supported" of SCSI devices (this doesn't include SCSI controllers)
} unless it's a truly bizarre device.  Modern DAT drives are not bizarre
} SCSI devices.
}

Cool.  So how do I get BSD to talk to my Microtek scanner?

Richard