Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 05:26:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BSD <bsd@shell-server.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   More panics (different hardware)

	Just as a follow up to my constant panic report on 4.1-S with my
Athlon system, I'd like to say that my Pentium 200 system has now joined
in.  This P200 system has served me with 100% rock solid stability for
years.  Not once has it had any weird behaviour.  Anyways, the behaviour
on both systems is the same.  A fault at virtual address 0x30, preceeded
by another fault which by that time has scrolled off the screen.  The key
phrase here seems to be "supervisor read, page not present".

	I feel I should add here that I am a commercial unix shell
provider, and so I get the worst imaginable traffic on the internet.  This
P200 box doesn't allow shell access though, since it's only a web server.

	A system with 3 bad sticks of ram, and a rock solid system
suddenly going bad?  C'mon guys.  Will nothing short of ECC RAM prove to
you guys the existance of a software fault?  Anybody wanna lend me some?
:)  (the P200 RAM is 72-pin .... so no, not the same kind as the Athlon's)

	BTW, 3.5-S ran fine on both systems...at least until it had to
access the large Maxtor HD in the Athlon ... which is what prompted me to
go to 4.1-S.

	Finally, for some good news.  The P200 system is physically
accessible to me, so I will try to find a spare hard drive, and make some
crash dumps for the list's benefit.

	Thanks for all the responses I've gotten on this subject!  They're
greatly appreciated and help me maintain my sanity. :)

		--Bart