Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:36:42 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rpm equivalent to 'pkg_add -r'?

On Jan 16, 2006, at 11:17 PM, Gregory Nou wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> As the subject asks, is there an equivalent?  I'm trying to
>> install linux apache2 on a FreeBSD box, and would like have rpm do
>> as much as possible as far as getting the dependencies and
>> downloading them ...
>> baring this, is there a better tool to use then rpm?
>> thanks ...
>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://
>> www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy
>> ICQ: 7615664
>>
> look at the end of rpm man page, there is a section INSTALL AND
> UPGRADE OPTIONS.
> Concerning other tools, the poor experience I have with RH showed
> me that rpm is a great tool. Maybe you may try yum, which, iirc, is
> a GUI for rpm.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Gregory

	Actually yum's a means for updating that's meant to replace the
Redhat Network Tool or whatever it was called back in RH9.0 and RHE,
which comes as primarily a command line tool I thought. As far as I
know is only available for Fedora-a product primarily made for
desktop users made by Redhat.
-Garrett