Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:03:46 +0100
From:      Joris Vandalon <joris@vandalon.nl>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HTT , APIC_IO

Hi again,
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:25:31PM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Joris Vandalon wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm having a problem compling a current kernel with HTT
> > it seemd the option APIC_IO gives me some trouwbels (see output below)
> > is there anyone who had similar problems or even how got HTT working on curre
>     nt?
>
> You are using APIC_IO, HTT *and* SMP, aren't you?  HTT is an addition to the
> SMP option.  You must use APIC_IO and SMP together, with an optional addition
> of HTT.
Well I was doing that in the first place but that wouldn't work so i assumed that SMP shouldn't be used
but today I figured the problems i got with SMP in my kernel came because of DEVICE_POLLING in my kernel.
so I tried again without device polling and that did the trick :)

But tnx for you're input anyway.

Regards,
Joris