Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:19:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        gasparr@attglobal.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem including Adaptec 1510 driver under 3.2-RELEASE

Peter Gasparro wrote,
> Hi,
>
> I get an error "ioconf.o(.data+0xd0): undefined reference to
> `aicdriver'" when doing a "make". Please find attached a screen print
> (krnlprob.txt) of the end of the "make" and the kernel config file NOW
> as evidence of this.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
[snip]

First, I found something odd (hopefully not ominous),

% cd /sys/i386/conf
% grep aic0 LINT
%

That is, the controller is not listed in LINT.

Second, I did find the file where 'aicdriver' is defined,
/sys/i386/isa/aic6360.c.

Third, although this probably has nothing to do with your problem
(unless there were some other 2.2.x options I did not catch messing
you up), the use of sd0 for SCSI HDD was changed in 2.2.x to
3.x. They should be caled da0.