Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:42:58 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Roger North-Row <roger.north-row@pure360.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux-compiled PHP shared object

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:31:31 +0000
Roger North-Row <roger.north-row@pure360.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use PHP Turbine 7
> http://www.blue-pacific.com/products/phpturbine/default.htm under
> FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE. This is a linux-compiled set of shared objects. I
> have enable linux emulation and tried several different ports (currently
> linux_base-8-8.0_10), but always get the PHP warning:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/turbine7/php_turbine7_4.3.0.so' - Shared
> object &quot;libc.so.6&quot; not found, required by
> &quot;php_turbine7_4.3.0.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0

This is expected.

> Do you know if it is possible to use a shared object (rather than an
> executable) using this method?

[brandelf-ing the lib]

It's not possible (at least not this way), the linuxolator doesn't take
care of this.

You better get a FreeBSD version of this, it's the least amount of
work. If this isn't possible, you need to write a wrapper. Have a look
at the linuxpluginwrapper port. Good luck if you decide to write a
wrapper.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.