Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2014 23:18:31 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable
References:  <CAJ_iqtZ-FdOjfbNQ9gbM1OLBaNNudPASSoAd=t0NfsuYvhsYQg@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X0Mcou%2BrDyOgek964UTNzd1tjVThke-ELh8wDGn7GC-iQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ_iqtZ5JCyP%2BKf9AOeGkW%2BxaULTeOmgpFGWdHXtzERN1MLoxA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X3gfeVcLKKzU-SeOsYcEir3%2Bc97H7khDR64rVbOZ2bFWA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X1-reV5xPPuE-P_544EB4%2BqjWQsGzuhy2jKe=tC8S0Crg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ_iqtb1=hkU2ER=j3grnWMr%2BS7BE-tUDnB--p2gcjEAAa2UWw@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X1C--bM27BUomcmYdMzB8rQqTkvk5C_g2sq1Ps5%2Beep7g@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ_iqtZ2mzqhpshomOUmf3f73ModWmN0EwqWXxQGCj2YqWuq1g@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X29e0DE2LcX_TM_eqEW%2Bd9VzxD_E2O88gyhz=7FFd5_gg@mail.gmail.com>

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich <decke@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:
> why github master builds fine without FreeBSD specific patches. The downs=
ide
> is that I cannot get github master to find any channels for my DVB-S2 dev=
ice
> so I am still working on it before I will commit it to the tree. You
> might still give
> it a try and see if it works better for you:
>
> svn co https://svn.redports.org/decke/multimedia/tvheadend/

This one builds and installs fine here.
But, my DVB adapters shows up as DVB-T, not DVB-C. Like this:
root@kg-f4# more input/linuxdvb/adapters/054722dbab4c09d51865b6e711708870
{
        "rootpath": "/dev/dvb/adapter0",
        "frontends": {
                "DVB-T #0": {
                        "fullmux": true,
                        "noclosefe": false,
                        "enabled": true,
                        "priority": 0,
                        "displayname": "Sony CXD2820R : DVB-T #0",
                        "type": "DVB-T"
                }
        }
}
root@kg-f4# more input/linuxdvb/adapters/4f9a5c8319d23d3521cda8e2d1c80786
{
        "rootpath": "/dev/dvb/adapter1",
        "frontends": {
                "DVB-T #0": {
                        "fullmux": true,
                        "noclosefe": false,
                        "enabled": true,
                        "priority": 0,
                        "displayname": "DRXK DVB-C DVB-T : DVB-T #0",
                        "type": "DVB-T"
                }
        }
}

Unfortunately, the source has changed so much that I can't figure out
a way to do the simple patch (or something with the same effect;
always return DVB_C for an adapter) or where to apply such patch.

Hmm, ok, I see now that things have changed in TVH. I'm defining a
DVB-C network, naming it Get and selecting my predefined 21 muxes from
no_Oslo_Get.
But it is impossible to select that network (or any network for that
matter) from the DVB adapter parameters page. The drop down select
just returns. and If I write something in the field and press save it
is gone the next time I get to that page. I have "Loglevel debug:
enabled" but nothing gets written in the log.

main problem seems to be that tvheadend is unable to detect my
adapters as DVB-C.

HTH
--=20
Regards,