Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 1996 11:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Bala Periasamy <bala@cst.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Majordomo problem (help)

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Bala Periasamy wrote:
>
> > syslog error:
> > swap_pager: out of space
> > Process 192 killed by vm_fault -- out of swap
> > pid 196: perl: uid 54: exited on signal 11
> >

> > mail returned with the following error
> >
> > Message delivered to mailing list majordomo
> > Out of memory!
> > Killed
> > 554 "|/usr/home/majordom/wrapper majordomo"... unknown mailer error
> > 137
> >
> > Any help on this will be useful
>
> Uh, you ran out of swap?
>
> check swapinfo.  Maybe reboot if you haven't lately.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to get Majordomo to work and
have exactly the same error. The error 137 (according to the Majordomo
docs) is probably being returned from the mailer (sendmail in my case)
but the man page for sendmail points to the syscodes header file which
does not contain 137. If you run 'top' while majordomo runs, you'll see that
it starts out with a few hundred k of swap, then every few seconds it
grabs more and more and more and eventually runs out, faults and is
killed. I assume it's a permissions error, but all I have to go on is the
error code (136 or 137). If you find out anything more, please let me know.

-Dave