Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:58:01 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to the /etc/rc* boot system

In message <3B2EF1F8.9710CC61@DougBarton.net> Doug Barton writes:
: [Prelude, Warner and I discussed this off line... ]

Yea.  I'm getting too grumpy for reasons that are outside the list.
Doug is aware of my concerns, and I'm sure he'll take them into
account as he moves forward.

: > Of course, I'd have to
: > run the changes by the responsible parties of for those parts of the
: > NetBSD tree.  I've had experience with integrating code into the
: > NetBSD tree, so I have some perspective that most people don't have.
:
: 	That is definitely the kind of help we need. I have some limited
: experience in working with openbsd folks on cross-platform issues, but
: the more the merrier.

Working with the OpenBSD folks and the NetBSD folks are worlds apart
in many ways.  This is both good and bad :-).  And it usually isn't
the person you are working directly with that will cause problems for
you.  Someone else in the project will freak at something that is
totally insane, or so it seems, and you'll have to deal.  However, all
projects are weird in some way, and the other BSDs are really no worse
than FreeBSD in this respect for most poeple.

Warner