Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 14:21:28 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: slattach!!!!!!!

> > > Can you use chat to grab variables?
> >
> > Chat's job is to dial into a machine and login.  No more, no less.

> Not offically, but it does work.  I was simply responding to your
> statement that you had "not yet found a case where expect works any
> better than a decent CHAT script".

That statement was made with the implication that most people want their
redial scripts to do just that, redial and login.  If you need something
beyond logging in, then pick a different tool.

Just because I can use Perl for most everything I want to do doesn't make
it the best solution for everthing. :-)

Nate