Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:34:36 -0400
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@earthlink.net>
To:        Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, girgen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: postgresql-server-8.4.8_1

On Jun 13, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Christer Solskogen wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM, John Bleichert <syborg@earthlink.net> =
wrote:
>=20
>> Suggestions? Shall I hit the postgresql forums? I thought I'd ask =
here
>> first.
>>=20
>=20
> This is in a jail, right?
> Try adding this to /etc/sysctl.conf:
> security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=3D1
>=20
> And/or run "sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=3D1 as root on the =
host.
>=20
> --=20
> chs,

Thanks for getting back to me.=20

No, it's not in a jail. I think there may be something missing in my =
kernel config - I'm going to try it with the generic FreeBSD 8.2 kernel =
when I get back to the terminal on Wednesday. For what it's worth I =
built Postgres 8.4 from source manually and got exactly the same result.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks again,

John

John Bleichert                syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!