Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 19:08:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        sdd@ccd.tas.gov.au, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitioning a 23.4 Giga Byte

> > Will freebsd allow a file system this large ???
>
> Yes.
>
> Satoshi is going on 1Tbyte of CCD disk space (his stated target)

That's about 50-100 disks, depending on their capacity. Even assuming
3-4MB/s each (which they should be able to sustain), this amounts
to about 2-300MB/s that one would like to pump in/out. Any
idea on the architecture of the "CCP" (Concatenated Processors?)
that would be necessary to provide such a throughput using our nice
little slow x86 ?

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/