Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 12:41:51 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Kevin Yeoh <airinx@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How Do I put FreeBSD and Win95 on the same HDD?

Kevin Yeoh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie to FreeBSD and to UNIX, but I have not been very happy with
> the Windows environment, coz of its many crashes and hangs.
>
> I want to know how do I load FreeBSD to my present hard disk with Win95
> already installed?  Must I format the whole HDD and create two partitions
> for FreeBSD and Win95?  Or, is it possible to load a OS Manager to manage
> the two OS's??
>
> Kevin Yeoh
> airinx@geocities.com

It's possible to have Win95 and FreeBSD on the same disk. There is a
freeware utility that comes with FreeBSD, as well as a commercial
utility called PartitionMagic (http://www.partition.com) that lets you
repartition disks without formatting them.

Take a (very good) look at the FreeBSD docs at http://www.freebsd.org.
You may also want to take a look at the multi-os tutorial, also
available on the web site.

Nadav