Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:59:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   reset screen hardware?

Last night X crashed on me, i thought my machine needed to be rebooted,
but first i tried to telnet into it, i was able and i killed X and had to
restart X twice to get it to work, well everything seemed fine after that,
however my Text consols were all fubar'd and i had no idea how to reset
the text part of my display to i wound up rebooting anyway.

What could i have done to reset the text screens?

|Alfred Perlstein - Programming & SysAdmin
|perlsta@sunyit.edu
|http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~perlsta
: ---"Have you seen my FreeBSD tatoo?"
'