Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:59:30 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mlockall/munlockall support?

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 02:28:01PM -0400, Mike Barcroft wrote:
> Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> writes:
> > Are mlockall()/munlockall() calls implemented in FreeBSD-current?
>
> There are stubs, but no implementation.  I've removed the prototypes
> in -current.

Thanks for the quick feedback!  I encountered the mlockall() problem
while porting some code from Linux.

Would it be possible to put those functions on the
"TODO" list for the FreeBSD C99 and POSIX project web page?  It's not a priority
for me, but having a list of unimplemented functions might be useful
to have for people like me who need to port software, and if someone has
the time/inclination later on, they can implement these functions
( I'm not volunteering :)

A few other questions:
- what is the status of following functions in <signal.h>:
        sigqueue, sigtimedwait, sigwaitinfo

- is the stuff encapsulated in _P1003_1B_VISIBLE #ifdef/#endif blocks
  in various header files like <limits.h> <time.h> <sys/signal.h>
  <sys/unistd.h> still applicable?

This stuff confused me when 6 months ago when I was trying to port some
other code from Linux, and I was trying to read the header files to
determine what to do.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues