Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:41:42 +0100
From:      Steven Haywood <freebsd@keybaud.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Vectra VL install problems

Hi folks

I'm trying to install 4.8 on a HP Vectra machine. I don't know the
precise model number, it's a PII-400 with both PCI and ISA slots. I
think it's a 5xxx series.
I've tried both boot floppies and CDrom, with the same results:
The system boots off the selected media, presents me with the kernel
sysinstall screen. Then hangs solid. Not even numlock/caps lock key
lights are operative.
I have removed the network card, the Adaptec raid controller, and
swapped out the RAM. There are currently NO PCI or IDE cards in the
machine and I still get the same problem
Unfortunately the boot messages scroll past too quickly for me to note
them.

Does anyone have any ideas? (or let me know if I can give you any more
information?)

Thanks!
Steven