Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:34:45 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'Sean J. Schluntz'" <schluntz@pacbell.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help with user ppp and launching a script

I'm not too sure about answering 100% of your question, but you should be
able to do something along the lines of the following.
 #1 in /etc/ppp/ you can have a file called ppp.linkup.  Just add a section
for your isp with the same name as your section in ppp.conf
 #2 i suppose you could write a script that parses the output of the
nslookup or host commands and then uses the hostname -s command.
 #3 then if you kill -HUP sendmail to reread it's configuration it MAY
pickup the different hostname.

It all sounds good on paper but honestly don't know if it'll work in
practice.  Hopefully this will put you on the right track, or at the very
least someone else on the list will add more info to this posting.

-Chris