Date:      Wed, 15 May 2013 14:00:02 GMT
From:      "joeb1" <joeb1@a1poweruser.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/176112: [jail] [panic] kernel panic when starting jails

The following reply was made to PR kern/176112; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "joeb1" <joeb1@a1poweruser.com>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>,
	<mw@wzff.de>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:53:33 -0400

 I have not debugged your dump.
 From your description I see you have the pf firewall altq traffic shaper
 compiled into the kernel with vimage.
 My current understanding is pf has been fixed to run on the host when vimage
 is compiled into the kernel.
 But altq has not been made vimage aware yet and there is no pr on this
 problem.

 I have tested trying to get pf to start in a vnet/vimage jail without
 success.
 Pf suffers from the rc.d nojail keyword problem. This command sequence is a
 work around.

 Jexec jailname service netif start
 Jexec jailname service routing start
 Jexec jailname service pf start

 And of course you have to do the reverse before stopping the said jail.

 My suggestion is to remove altq from being compiled into the kernel and
 don't use altq on a host that has
 vimage compiled into its kernel.