Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:41:13 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ad1 is not detected.

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 04:27:32PM +0100, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> Damn, why cant I reproduce this misbehavior, please feel free to investigate
> why the probe code fails, and then please tell me...
>
> -Søren

:-) Relax. We will sort this out somehow.

I will try what I can. For now, further hardware details:

Machine is on a Spacewalker mobo with Intel LX 440 chipset. (so no VIA @
work this time) and a PII233. The probe code worked correctly on a world &
kernel from 3rd November. No Promise etc or similar cards in the system just
the on-board controller.

This narrows down the window to the last couple of days, there were not many
files changed there wrt to ata. I will try things and will get back to you
immediately. (unfortunately machine cannot send mail directly because of
stupid university firewall.)

The only interesting thing is: Why were there no reports from -CURRENT users
this far when this thing bit at least one person on -STABLE already? Is this
such a rare occurence?

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM