Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:02:07 -0300
From:      Paul Blackburn <pblackbu@fis.puc.cl>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PNGwriter 0.4.8 Released (Important bugfix)

Hi!

This is just to inform you that PNGwriter version 0.4.8 has been
released. Please accept my apologies for sending a second release
notification so soon after the previous one, but the last release was
withdrawn almost immediately, since it was broken on most systems.
Again, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience the release of 0.4.7
may have caused.

The changes in this release are as follows:

  > Fixed a few serious bugs introduced in 0.4.7, which was withdrawn a
few
    hours after being released. Since 0.4.7 has not really seen much
action,
    its changes are included in 0.4.8's release notes as well.
  > readfromfile() now correctly determines if the file to be read is a
valid
    PNG or not.
  > Yet more improvements in file-related error handling.
  > Fixed a few bugs in the constructors. Though out-of-range background
colours
    were checked for, they were not clipped to within the allowed range,
despite
    what the error messages said. Also, if a constructor was called with
negative
    height or width, nothing was done about it, that too despite what
the error
    messages said. This has now been fixed.
  > 0.4.7's changes are as follows:
  > Fixed a serious bug in readfromfile() which would cause a crash due
    too many open files if it was called a certain number of times
(caused
    by an out-of-place fopen() ).
  > All user supplied text fields (filename and png info) are no longer
    limited to 255 characters.
  > Better handling of file errors: attempting to open a non-existent
file
    will no longer cause a crash.

It can be downloaded from the PNGwriter website:

http://pngwriter.sourceforge.net/

Cheers!
Paul Blackburn