Date:      Thu, 07 May 2015 13:46:35 +0200
From:      Michael Fuckner <michael@fuckner.net>
To:        Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reproducible builds of FreeBSD in a chroot on Linux

Hi Holger,

On 05/07/2015 11:22 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the people involved in https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds
> and have set up https://reproducible.debian.net which continously tests all
> packages in the Debian archive for build reproducibility (so far on amd64
> only).
what is this good for? Testing the Compiler, track changes or check
hardware (errors on memory or disk)

y fix them!) ;-)

> So maybe can you help me with my next step. I've found the github freebsd
> repo and cloned it, how to proceed further now?
>
> $ make buildworld
> Makefile:137: *** missing separator.  Stop.
BSD make is different from GNU make- so you have to set up not only
make, but also the whole toolchain- LLVM and so on

> in the master branch of git://github.com/freebsd/freebsd wasn't right.. :/ ;)

I didn't know this one, I am using: svn0.eu.FreeBSD.org
Probably you want to check out base/release/10.1.0/

See: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/svn.html

It probably doesn't make sense to compile HEAD/ STABLE (the development
branch), since there are too many changes.

Regards,
  Michael!